Monday 6 May 2013

April Update

"Practice puts brains in your muscles."
-Sam Snead, pro golfer

April has come and gone and here's the latest update in my kettlebell quest. I've changed the game a bit and I'm now including cleans. The original plan was to count overhead lifts only, but I've decided that it's a shame to exclude cleans--the clean is a powerful lift that uses the whole body. I've kind of neglected doing them the last few months, but the more cleans I do, the more I understand how important they are.

Despite the fact that I'm still not quite where I should be in terms of the total amount lifted, things are going well. I missed a week of workouts because of a business trip (consistency comes in many forms--I seem to consistently miss a week of training every month) but I'm feeling pretty good about stuff. My form has improved to the point where I rarely tear up my hands. My stamina is better than ever and bound to improve now that the weather has warmed up and I can get my bike out again--I'm looking forward to using my new superstrength to crush the big hills on my favourite ride. Even the occasional week of rest isn't necessarily a bad thing.

So, here it is, the April pie chart--I'm only 22% of the way to my goal, but I have high hopes for May and June. It's catchup time!


Coming up--a recap of The Foundry's Pentathlon competition (aka the Alberta Kettlebell Games).

No comments:

Post a Comment